UPDATE: Missed the webinar? Watch it here: ow.ly/rm9k300zDR6
Science-Metrix and 1science invite you to join us for a live webinar on Measuring Open Access: Current State of the Art, presented on 19 May 2016 by our President and CEO, Eric Archambault.
The open access (OA) model for scientific publications has been examined extensively by academics, who have argued that it increases accessibility and consequently increases the impact of their papers.
OA availability has grown steadily over the years; however, current measurement has seriously underestimated the proportion of OA peer-reviewed articles. As a result, new measurement methods need to be developed.
The state of open access is complex and changing rapidly. The webinar will address the following questions:
- How do people define open access today?
- How can you measure open access?
- What are the opportunities and challenges with the open access model?
By attending this webinar you’ll learn about
- the results of recent studies assessing the free availability of scholarly publications;
- the different types of growth in freely available papers that have been identified and analyzed;
- the opportunities and challenges faced by the OA model.
To register for the webinar, please select one of the following times:
Submit your questions pre-webinar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit questions during the webinar via Twitter to @WeAre1science and use the hashtag #MeasureOA. You can also submit questions via chat message.