Science-Metrix provides clients with the information they need to make the right decisions. We use the most up-to-date quantitative tools and proven qualitative methods to ensure valid and reliable data collection and analysis. We understand that the quality of our reports and our ability to draw clear and balanced conclusions depends on the quality of the data.
Main data collection tools
- Document reviews: internal and external documents and files (including administrative and financial information)
- Environmental scans: literature review and secondary data collection
- Interviews: telephone and in-person interviews (structured and semi-structured)
- Group consultations: focus groups, group discussions, expert panels and workshops
- Online surveys: design and administration of small- to large-scale web surveys (100 to 50,000 invites) using a professional survey software system
- Case studies and detailed project reviews
- Bibliometrics (scientometrics and technometrics)
Main analytical methods
- Multiple embedded case studies or project reviews
- Research, science and technology impact assessments
- Success case analysis
- Social network analysis
- Comparative analysis
- Counterfactual analysis
- Socio-economic impact assessments
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
Our team of experts collectively represent over 30 years of project management (PM) experience. Our professional team of evaluators employs the most up-to-date PM tools and strategies to ensure that every evaluation is completed on time and on budget.
A variety of aspects, such as strategic objectives and timeframe, are considered in the design and implementation of the evaluation framework. Science-Metrix evaluations are typically conducted in three phases, as represented below.